Client: Castlebar Town Council
Upgraded the existing riverwalk between Lough Lannagh / Link Road Bridge and the offices of Castlebar Town Council.
Upgraded the existing riverwalk between Lough Lannagh / Link Road Bridge and the offices of Castlebar Town Council / Marsh house located in centre of Castlebar. Constructed a new river edge to the Castlebar River for a section of the riverwalk by driving 170m of 5m sheetpiles. Façade sheetpiles with 2.0m high precast panels cantilevering 500mm over river. 150mm reinforced groundslab for walkway tied into precast panels. Installed 3no. Pedestrian footbridges for access across river along its route, bridges supported by 4no. 192mm diameter Odex piles with capping beam constructed on top of piles.
- Replaced an existing footbridge on the Riverwalk at Hobans / Market Square carpark in the town centre and finished out.
- Completed landscaping works. This work included extension of the paving finishes and guardrail to tie into the new bridge structure.
- Replaced an existing concrete footbridge at the Castlebar Town Park.
- Demolished existing precast and installed steel fabricated bridge.
- Stainless Steel Guardrail installed along sheet pile retaining wall for edge restraint.
- Willow Wall constructed for 150m to retain existing bank along walkway edge.