Client: Morgan Sindall/ Grontmij Joint Venture, Yorkshire Water.
Value : Value: £5,466,000
Design and construct pumping station to accommodate population growth in the Scarborough region and to meet the requirement EU directive.
To serve the proposed population growth in the Scarborough region and to meet the requirement EU directive, Yorkshire Water required the upgrading of the Treatment Plant and construction of a 20m diameter, 30m deep, Detention Chamber.
As part of this Scheme, Ward & Burke Construction were contracted to design and construct:
- the 20m diameter pumping station, 14m deep CSO chamber,
- 6m deep CSO chamber.
- 75m of 2.2m diameter tunnels.
- 10m of 3m square timber headed tunnel.
- Laying of 70m of 2.4m diameter GRP pipe.
- 75m of 1.5m diameter GRP pipe.
- Laying of 45m of 1500mm diameter concrete pipe outfall to the sea and finally installing 140m of 3.5mx 2.5m high concrete culverts 7m deep.
All works were constructed adjacent to the North Sea.