Ward and Burke are actively recruiting Approved Electricians for electrical installation work on water industry projects based in the Yorkshire region. The successful candidate will carry out electrical installations, fault finding and assist with commissioning activities on site. This role will mainly involve working in a team of two but will also require you to take lead on specific electrical & commissioning aspects of a project where you will work with the site team and manage the electrical installation.
- Carry out electrical installation conforming to IEE 18th Edition wiring regulations and WIMES
- Attend electrical site walkarounds to spec out a site, for example go to site make order/parts list required, source equipment quotations and organise deliveries and schedule installs in accordance with other works on site
- Manage all electrical permitting and participate in the production of Risk Assessment and Method Statements and Process Impact Plans
- Provide effective fault-finding support to commissioning engineers during the commissioning stage of a project
- Read, interpret, and modify electrical schematics and document all self-created changes.
- Adherence to Safety Health & Environmental policies and procedures and carry out all tasks in a safe and controlled manner
- Recommend electrical installation ideas and improvements
- Carry out and supervise site electrical installations where required
- Review sub-contractor electrical installations and prepare snag lists
- Prepare and complete Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) and Inspection Test Records (ITRs) before and during installations
- Carry out electrical testing and record results
- Undertake manual works such as cable pulling and installation of cable containment
- Minimum of 4-5 years industry experience (Water Industry preferred).
- Ability to travel when required
- Well organised, have attention to detail, work on their own initiative and be proactive
- CSCS card
- City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical Installation
- City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical Inspection and Testing
- 18th Edition qualified
Not essential, but beneficial to have:
- Yorkshire Water Electrically Authorised
- CompeEX trained
- Confined space trained
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and rapidly growing company where you can further develop your career as an electrician and gain commissioning experience.