Ward & Burke are seeking experienced Electrical Project Engineers to work on various projects within the Thames and Southern Water regions. The positions will be located within these regions, and will cover multiple sites as projects progress.
- The preferred candidates shall possess a high level of confidence in electrical and instrumentation systems and shall be comfortable working both as part of a team and in individual scenarios.
- The Electrical Project Engineers will assume a pivotal role throughout all phases of a project, including planning, delivery/construction, commissioning, and handover. Additionally, they should have the ability to lead discussions with subcontractors concerning safety, scheduling, and quality.
- The day-to-day requirements are as follows;
- Review and develop construction programmes with the project manager to ensure the electrical durations and sequencing of works are correct.
- Visit sites prior to mobilisation to review the project and assist with solutions to any issues arising.
- Review all H&S documents and where necessary brief electrical teams on the work to be carried out.
- Ensure adherence to company procedures and agreed electrical safety rules including isolation, permit to work etc.
- Manage any design-related issues that may arise during construction and coordinate between the installers and the design team where necessary.
- Monitor site progress and report to project managers.
- Carry out ongoing quality reviews of work throughout construction.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure documentation is progressed and filed correctly.
- HNC or Degree Qualified in; Electrical, Electronic or similar engineering field.
- Have safety at the forefront of every task.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Have experience in a process-led industry (Water, dairy, food etc). Experience in the water industry would be an advantage.
- Strong Written and verbal communication
- COMPEX trained (not essential)
- Competent in MS Word and Excel.
What Ward and Burke can offer you:
- Give you the ability to design your own career.
- A Competitive salary
- A company vehicle,
- Opportunity to develop in various engineering fields.
- Be involved in projects from concept to handover.
- Training and support for professional development.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing South UK Careers or complete the form below.