Summary of Responsibilities:
• Centrifuge Operation to separate fine particles from slurry mix
• Tasks supporting long distance tunnel drives with our Tunnel Boring Machines
• Reinforced Concrete Construction, design and labor
• Sink R.C Caisson Shafts in various soil conditions
• Ordering materials, job-cost summaries, professional interaction with clients
Key Qualifications for Position:
• A recent graduate (within 1 year) with a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering with Majors in Geotechnical & Structural Engineering. Master’s Degree nice to have, but not a requirement.
• GPA of 3.3 or higher, First or Upper Second Class Honors
• Practical experience on a Construction Site or Farm, working around Heavy Machinery
• Basic understanding of Hydraulics, Electrics and Electronics
Training includes Technical, Financial, Project Management, Legal and Safety. Salary range is between $70K – $100K Cdn. Work is intense and requires Engineers with good judgment, organization, ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, direct employees on site and insist on high quality work being completed.
Regular work hours are 7am to 7pm weekdays and 7am to 2pm Saturdays (when needed, about 20 Saturdays worked per year).