Work involves engineering design, procurement, and contract administration for microtunnelling construction site. The work is intense and requires engineers with good judgement and organisation, and the ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure. Successful applicant will work directly with other employees onsite to deliver work to a high quality standard.
The successful candidate will be working in California or Ohio, USA.
Key Qualifications for Position:
- A recent graduate (within 1 year) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a major in Geotechnical or Structural Engineering – GPA of 3.3 or higher. Masters Degree beneficial, but not necessary.
- Detail oriented with an understanding of reinforced concrete and steel design, soil mechanics, and familiarity with ACI Design Codes.
- Ability to review and understand water/sewer construction drawings and prepare preliminary designs and quantity take-offs during procurement stages.
- Practical experience on a Construction Site or Farm, working around Heavy Machinery
- Basic understanding of Hydraulics, Electrics and Electronics
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Centrifuge operation to separate fine particles from slurry mix
- Tasks supporting long distance tunnel drives with our Tunnel Boring Machines
- Reinforced concrete construction, design and labor
- R.C caisson shaft sinking, in various soil conditions
- Ordering materials, job-cost summaries, professional interaction with clients
Technical, financial, project management, legal and safety training will be provided.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: US$ 50,000 – $75,000 Based on Experience
Hours: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm Monday to Friday, and 7:00am – 2:00pm Saturdays (when required)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering