Ward & Burke is currently seeking an Experienced Electrician who has a practical on-site knowledge of electrical and instrumentation systems and competent with a good knowledge of water and wastewater networks and infrastructure.
The successful candidate will join our energetic team on existing contracts in Munster focused on maintenance on our DBO and Framework sites ensuring we continue to provide a quality service to our clients.
This is a permanent position with further opportunities within an expanding work stream and well-established organisation.
- FETAC Level 6 Electrical Craft.
- City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical Inspection and Testing.
- City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical Installation.
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience (Water/Wastewater Industry preferred).
- Ability to travel to sites across Munster.
- Well organised, have attention to detail, work on their own initiative and be proactive.
- Carry out electrical installation conforming to I.S.10101 wiring regulations and WIMES.
- Manage all electrical permitting and participate in the production of Risk Assessment
- and Method Statements and Process Impact Plans.
- Provide effective fault-finding support to commissioning engineers during the commissioning stage of a project.
- Read, interpret, and modify electrical schematics and document all self-created changes.
- Adherence to Safety Health & Environmental policies and procedures and carry out all tasks in a safe and controlled manner.
- Recommend electrical installation ideas and improvements.
- Carry out and supervise site electrical installations where required.
- Review sub-contractor electrical installations and prepare snag lists.
- Prepare and complete Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) and Inspection Test Records (ITRs). before and during installations.
- Carry out electrical testing and record results.
- Undertake manual works such as cable pulling and installation of cable containment
- Working knowledge or instrumentation, such as flowmeter, ultrasonics, water quality measurement monitors, automatic sampling systems etc.
- Ability to supervise the work of electrical apprentices.
- Undertake Thermal Imaging tests and report findings with recommendations.
Not essential, but beneficial to have:
- CompeEX trained.
- Confined space trained.
To apply please complete the form below or email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job code IRE_MU_IE_110