We are currently recruiting Mechanical Engineers for projects in the Yorkshire area.
This position will include (but is not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Planning and making preparations for site work activities. Ensuring all H&S measures are in place, including RAMS, permits, PIPs, isolations, task-specific PPE etc.
- Managing site activities for safety, quality and taking measures to manage any changes in method and rectify any defects.
- Communicating and collaborating with site team to ensure all are aware of arrangements and plans fit with programmed works.
- Taking on-site measurements, quantities, producing take-offs/schedules from drawings and ordering materials accordingly.
- Referring to technical guidance such as YW engineering specifications/design guidance documents, WIMES and other relevant design standards to ensure designs and installations comply.
- Liaising and engaging with various departments within the client’s organisation, including project meetings, engineering/assurance team site visits, working with and providing training to site operations team etc.
- Management of subcontractors and suppliers both on site and administratively.
- Involvement within project from design acceptance through to handover, preparing for and undertaking various ‘key meetings’ throughout the gated process.
- Producing and reviewing technical documentation.
- Designing various structures and structural elements (steel and R.C.) to Eurocodes and other relevant design standards. Producing hand calculations and using FEA software to verify designs.
- Using CAD software to produce both 3D and 2D models, and generate drawings (e.g. GAs, fabrication drawings) from these models, complying with client standards where required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Recently graduated in relevant discipline or have up to 3 years’ experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong team player skills and be able to work at own initiative.
- Good computer skills and experience with relevant software packages.
For practical experience and a varied, exciting, and rewarding careers, apply to email@example.com with a Cover Letter and CV referencing Yorkshire Careers or complete the form below.