Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Understanding the constructability element around works.
- Applying the General Principles of Prevention to all activities and verifying evidence of the same.
- Engaging with our workers in relation to upskilling and understanding the approach to delivering world class infrastructure.
- Immersing yourself in the plant and equipment to fully understand the limitations and capabilities of the same (Excavators, cranes, MEWP’s, Tunnelling equipment, etc)
- Provide information, advice and support to the site management team and all employees on all aspects of Health & Safety and Environmental issues.
- Liaise with SHEQ Team on a regular basis.
- Liaise with internal auditors with particular focus on continuous improvements to the existing management systems, processes and assuring legal compliance.
- Monitor Subcontractors in relation to compliance with current applicable legislation and our Company policies
- Ensure that the following documents and records are readily accessible to all WBCL workers.
-Environmental Management Plans
-Method Statements / Risk Assessments
-Training records, plant lifting certificates, permits to work, work at height registers, etc.
- Understand the compliance requirements in relation to ISO450001, ISO14001 & ISO9001.
The suitable candidate will work alongside the SHEQ Team.
They will be given full guidance and training as appropriate to the position.