Work with Us
Ward & Burke Construction Ltd is a rewarding, challenging and open-minded organisation that values diversity and innovation.
We are looking for well educated, skillful, motivated individuals to join our team.
What we Offer
Attractive, competitive package with opportunities to progress, develop and fulfill potential.
Routes in to Ward & Burke Construction Ltd
- Experienced Career Individuals
- Graduate Programme
- Sponsored Student Programmes
We have a number of Graduate positions available for recently qualified Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Mechanical & Electrical Engineers & Quantity Surveyors on a variety of projects throughout Ireland, the UK and Canada. Interested candidates, following two years site based experience, will be afforded the opportunity to apply for Company sponsored Masters Degree programmes, e.g. in M.I.T. (Boston), Imperial College (London), NUIG Galway. Similarly, there are opportunities to enhance your career as a Structural Designer, in either temporary or permanent works, by working with our framework partner HAC Consulting Civil and Structural Engineers in London.
Safety Health Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Compliance Auditor
Location – IRELAND
An exciting new role has become available for enthusiastic individuals to work with one of Irelands
leading Civil Engineering Contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Train as a Lead Auditor to carry out compliance audits on all WBCL operational sites in Ireland.
- Ensure the Cloud System is regularly updated (Full training will be provided).
- Maintain Company processes and procedures to comply with OHSAS 18001, ISO14001 & ISO9001
- Ensure the workplace meets various safety, health and environment requirements.
- Provide information, advice and support to the site management team and all employees on all aspects of Health & Safety and Environmental issues.
- Understand the WBCL induction process.
- Liaise with SHEQ Team on a regular basis.
- Liaise with internal auditors with particular focus on continuous improvements to the existing management systems, processes and assuring legal compliance.
- Monitor Subcontractors in relation to compliance with current applicable legislation and our Company policies
- Ensure that the following documents and records are readily accessible to all WBCL workers;
- Environmental Management Plans
- Quality Plans, ITPS,
- Method Statements / Risk Assessments
- Training records, plant lifting certificates, permits to work, work at height registers, etc.
- Work with site teams on the management of WBCL Electronic Documents Management System
- Review and Monitor training with in the company. Work with SHEQ team on the training needs of WBCL personnel
The suitable candidate will work alongside the SHEQ Team.
He/she will be given full guidance and training as appropriate to the position.
Plan / Summary
Train alongside existing Lead Auditors within the organisation in relation to the scope of works.
Conduct random audits of WBCL sites and compile reports to the Board of Directors.
Works alongside the SHEQ team to fully understand the Safe System of Work.
Understand Irish Waters Audit Process.
Site / Section Agents required for civil engineering construction contracts nationwide.
Ideally, candidates should have at least 5-10 years relevant experience in civil engineering construction and, in particular, pipeline construction, reinforced concrete works, or ideally both. Candidates should have a proven track record in the delivery of medium to large civil engineering projects.
Site Engineers required for civil engineering construction contracts nationwide.
Ideally, candidates should have at least 3-5 years relevant experience in civil engineering construction and, in particular, pipeline construction, reinforced concrete works, or ideally both. Candidates should ideally have experience in setting out, using GPS systems, Total Stations, and be proficient with the use of AutoCad software.
Experienced excavator drivers required for works on a variety of projects throughout Munster. Candidates must have proven experience with works involving deep excavations, requiring delivery of pipeline/structures construction works in an urban setting, which would require working in controlled confined spaces, extensive public interfaces, installation of temporary shoring and working in the vicinity of live services.
Interested candidates should forward their full curriculum vitae with photograph immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration